- Conduct ingredient safety assessments leveraging next generation tools.
- Fill data gaps for new ingredients lacking existing literature for assessing safety.
- Apply next generation approaches appropriately and proficiently to inform on potential safe use of new ingredients.
- Perform systematic review for data and literature that is amenable to integration in an ingredient safety assessment.
- Identify appropriate new alternative methods (ie. high-throughput in vitro screening data, in silico models, etc.) to compliment in vivo data.
- Fill data gaps by integrating read-across and QSAR within an appropriate context.
- Describe and explain all approaches used as well as provide rationale on how to interpret/contextualize results to help the client gain confidence in utilizing next generation tools.
- Work within client deadlines and evolving needs as project progresses.
- Conducted weight-of-evidence assessment by interpreting the next generation method data and outcomes to make decisions on ingredient safety.
- Provided report formatted per the client’s specifications (reports and publications).
- Effectively communicated with the client to provide updates on the methods used and to discuss the interpretation of the data.
- Worked closely with the client to ensure confidence in the results.